THE COLONY IS BACK
Our fan club returns for the 2020-2021 season to serve the San Diego community
The Colony is the official fan and booster club of the San Diego Gulls. The mission of The Colony is to support the San Diego Gulls on the ice through fandom and off the ice through community projects that assist the efforts of the San Diego Gulls Foundation.
We invite all Gulls fans to join us as Colony Members at no cost for the 2020-21 season, as we look to continue providing support to our local community through monthly volunteer projects.
The first 500 members to sign up will receive a Colony Member puck. All members will be eligible for our Gulls Gift Pack giveaways, provided to two (2) randomly-selected members twice a month through the June 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Colony?
- The Colony is the official fan and booster club of the San Diego Gulls. The mission of The Colony is to support the San Diego Gulls on the ice through fandom and off the ice through community projects that assist the efforts of the San Diego Gulls Foundation.
Is there a cost to join The Colony?
- The Colony is free to join for the 2020-2021 season.
Do you have to be a Season Ticket Holder to be a member of The Colony?
- No, you do not have to be a season ticket holder to join The Colony. Anyone can join!
Do you have to rejoin The Colony each season?
- Yes, The Colony is on an annual membership which requires you to re-join each season. Memberships are limited so be sure to purchase yours early!
What kind of community initiatives does The Colony support?
- The Colony will look to support the efforts of the San Diego Gulls Foundation throughout the season through volunteer projects and collection assistance at food drives, toy drives, etc. The San Diego Gulls Foundation serves as the team’s main charitable beneficiary. The mission of the San Diego Gulls Foundation is to facilitate and support programs that produce positive change for children and families throughout San Diego by providing educational opportunities, broadening access to the sport of hockey and addressing the health and wellness needs of our community. Since 2016, the San Diego Gulls Foundation has donated over $525,000 back to the San Diego Community.
As a Colony Member, can I bring any non-Colony members or family to an exclusive Colony event?
- Unless otherwise noted, only Colony Members are welcome to attend exclusive Colony events, however, guests are welcome to attend the community involvement events. Children under 2 years of age or younger are welcome to attend with their parent/guardian who are current members.
Is there a minimum age required to join The Colony?
- While there is no rule for a minimum age, many local volunteer opportunities require you to be at least 13 years of age to participate.
By joining The Colony, you'll enjoy exclusive member perks including:
- The first 500 members will receive a 2020-21 Season Colony puck.
- Monthly volunteer opportunities planned and coordinated by Gulls CR Dept.
- Members will receive at minimum, monthly updates about volunteer opportunities and recaps of volunteer opportunities/CR initiatives.
- Two (2) members will be selected at random* to receive a Gulls Gift Pack each month through June 2021
- *Members can only win once
How To Purchase The Colony Membership
Please visit this link to sign-up to become a Colony Member for the 2020-2021 season.
Colony Community Involvement Events
Community involvement events will occur at least once a month beginning in January 2021 and will continue if and only if they are planned to continue in accordance with any local restrictions due to COVID-19.
Future events will be listed here with links to sign-up to participate.
Questions, Comments and Concerns
Please contact the San Diego Gulls Community Relations Department at [email protected] or 619-359-4716.